Coil-anodized aluminum for Lorin Industries is a valuable solution for freight, commuter and high-speed passenger rail car applications. From lightweight internal components to sleek, attractive sidewall panels that reduce wind resistance and last almost indefinitely without corrosion, chipping, flaking, or peeling, aluminum is increasingly the way to go - and the way to take more with you when you do!
Here are just a few of the many rail car applications for which Lorin Coil-Anodized Aluminum offers great advantages.
- Subway Rail Car Panels
- Rail Car Ceiling Systems
- Door and Door Frames
- Seating Framework
- Lighting and Signal Housings
- Hand Rails
- Decorative Trim Components
- Structural Floor Systems
- Light Reflectors
- Lightweight Mirrors
- And many more …
Check out some of Lorin’s finish options ideal for rail car applications.
Decorative Product Solutions:
- PreMirror® 41 Optima is a ‘high-specular’ anodized aluminum finish developed to provide lighting engineers with an optimum reflective surface offering a minimum 86% total reflectance.
- Champagne Gold is an anodized aluminum finish with a natural metallic beauty and a hint of a light gold color.
- ClearBrite® Brush SL is a ‘bright’ anodized aluminum finish with a short line brushed pattern that simulates the appearance of a light-colored stainless steel finish and can be used for exterior applications.
- BlackBrite® is a polished, mirror-like black anodized finish resembling a black onyx stone with character.
- SmokeBrite® is a polished, smoked-gray anodized aluminum finish that was specifically designed for interior applications.
- Pewter with Alcoa Tectur-Al™ is a NEWLY developed natural variegated, UV resistant aluminum finish that simulates the appearance of Pewter with an Architectural Class II anodic film thickness.
- Gun Metal Grey with Alcoa Tectur-Al™ is a NEWLY developed natural variegated finish that provides the architect/designer with a rich grey color specifically designed for interior applications.
- Copper Penny is a NEWLY developed ‘soft matte’ copper anodized aluminum finish that is UV stable and designed for exterior applications. The copper penny finish is created using a Lorin ‘patented’ process  providing excellent corrosion protection along with superior fade resistance.
MORE Anodize Finish Choices >>
Structural Product Solutions:
- AnoGrip® Type 4 is a patented anodizing process on mill finish aluminum that offers the customer ‘superior’ adhesive qualities on both sides of the sheet.
- AnoGrip® Type 5 is a patented anodizing process on mill finish aluminum that offers the customer ‘exceptional’ adhesive qualities on both sides of the sheet.
- ClearMatt® with Adhere® is a chemical process developed by Lorin Industries that offers the customer a natural matte anodized finish on the top, or good-side of the sheet, with exceptional adhesive qualities on the back-side of the sheet. Adhere™ can be applied to many Lorin anodized colors and finishes.