As in all transportation applications, rising gas prices make weight an important consideration. And at one third the weight of other metals, anodized aluminum offers a major cost savings opportunity. Wall and ceiling panels, framing, fixtures and other components made of anodized aluminum present a striking appearance, and offer a low-maintenance finish that won’t flake, chip, or peel.
RVs are designed to go places; here’s a quick look at some of the many places anodized aluminum can go in RV manufacturing.
- Interior Decorative Trim Components
- Structural Components
- Ceiling Systems
- Dash Boards
- Control Panels
- Refrigerator and Stove Fronts
Check out some of our finishes recommended for recreational vehicles and other transportation applications.
Decorative Product Solutions:
- PreMirror® 41 Optima is a ‘high-specular’ anodized aluminum finish developed to provide lighting engineers with an optimum reflective surface offering a minimum 86% total reflectance.
- Champagne Gold is an anodized aluminum finish with a natural metallic beauty and a hint of a light gold color.
- ClearBrite® Brush SL is a ‘bright’ anodized aluminum finish with a short line brushed pattern that simulates the appearance of a light-colored stainless steel finish and can be used for exterior applications.
- BlackBrite® is a polished, mirror-like black anodized finish resembling a black onyx stone with character.
- SmokeBrite® is a polished, smoked-gray anodized aluminum finish that was specifically designed for interior applications.
- Pewter with Alcoa Tectur-Al™ is a NEWLY developed natural variegated, UV resistant aluminum finish that simulates the appearance of Pewter with an Architectural Class II anodic film thickness.
- Gun Metal Grey with Alcoa Tectur-Al™ is a NEWLY developed natural variegated finish that provides the architect/designer with a rich grey color specifically designed for interior applications.
- Copper Penny is a NEWLY developed ‘soft matte’ copper anodized aluminum finish that is UV stable and designed for exterior applications. The copper penny finish is created using a Lorin ‘patented’ process  providing excellent corrosion protection along with superior fade resistance.
MORE Anodize Finish Choices >>
Structural Product Solutions:
- AnoGrip® Type 4 is a patented anodizing process on mill finish aluminum that offers the customer ‘superior’ adhesive qualities on both sides of the sheet.
- AnoGrip® Type 5 is a patented anodizing process on mill finish aluminum that offers the customer ‘exceptional’ adhesive qualities on both sides of the sheet.
- ClearMatt® with Adhere® is a chemical process developed by Lorin Industries that offers the customer a natural matte anodized finish on the top, or good-side of the sheet, with exceptional adhesive qualities on the back-side of the sheet. Adhere™ can be applied to many Lorin anodized colors and finishes.